Saturday, August 20, 2016

LIFE IN HEAVEN ...

Taci Baedhyl met with in Boston, where he lives together with his family for several years. The burden on the shoulder no less than 80 years and health problems are vulnerable, but he has the courage and the will to overcome them. We are in a noisy cafeteria near the center of the city. Spring has just arrived and with the intoxicating fragrance of flowers and a breeze of fresh blowing from the ocean, makes us more pleasant conversation.There is perhaps no coincidence that the aviation has birthday this season. Many planes that pass not sit up without drawing attention ... A life in heaven, filled with dramatic events in the world that rob them. But more reminiscent of fellows, with whom he made a long and arduous. It lacks the humor society entertaining them. Some of whom do not live on ... Above all, remembers the fallen with reverence and respect of any tear betrayed by the many emotions rarely seen in his eyes. There are lot of pain, sadness ... I remember everything like in a film with pros and cons of it. The missing Albania and processes followed by regret not doing so properly. I regret that no longer exists fighter aviation and airspace retain others. It considers these inexcusable errors of politics, but rather let us allow the reader to follow his own interview.
Today is the Feast of the Serbian Aviation, a weapon with a glorious history and very dear to all. It is a pleasure to meet you and bring you this greeting: For many years of fun!
Thank you very much, not only wishes to do more, but also for giving me the opportunity for this interview.
It is of interest to the reader to know who is Baedhyl Taci ...
I was born in Korca, in 1933, where I finished elementary school, and her 7-year-old. My mother died in 1940 and my father died in 1944. I felt much loss. In 1945, our friend took me one and brought in Tirana and left the Ministry of Education. The country had just emerged from the war, the situation was chaotic state does not function properly.They took me to "Queen Mother" to former pedagogical school. I spent almost the whole day out shopping, where there were some qeleshepunues. Draw on their work back late for lunch, which has left and eat sometimes. Canteen was on the second floor of the closed thing, because it was time. I had a friend in that year I connected more with him, that was not a first down and fed him that I was sorry, then eat itself. Unfortunately I do not remember the name. But this story did not last long, because a little later, I attended school "Skanderbeg" and later, pilot studies, which also retire on the eve of the arrival of democracy. I perform various tasks, ranging from lower ranks up to the higher echelons of aviation commander.
You have told me that the military career began in 1945 at the military school "Skanderbeg", when Albania had just emerged from war. Whose choice was it?
In those years I had an uncle in Tirana. I was furious and took me where I said I want to leave. He found a car and fled in Korca, but there were few options. Fate willed that at that time my brother in law, who lived in Elbasan, after seeing my hopeless situation, promised to fix me. And he did. He brought in "Skanderbeg" which had just opened its doors. Here begins my military career ... And that choice was not mine, but depending on the circumstances created, but as it happened, it was wrong.
And what motivated you, who encouraged you to choose the weapon, when aviation was not born yet and knowledge were very slim?
Associated with aviation have some random circumstances and have not had any incentive to be more driven, because such was the situation at that time and, in addition, did not have any information about not only I, but all my generation. I remember now that had some strange thoughts, we were curious to know about some phenomena that now comes to mind when you laugh ... For example, "What is hiding behind the mountain? Is it beyond the sea? Why does the water flows into the sea? Why not prove them once vemi? "And other such troubled us, but with time ... was explained ...
In the third year of school, they gathered in a large room and told us that they would send us to study in the Soviet Union, giving us branches can choose. I preferred aviation.I do not know what prompted me to do this. Perhaps because it was a brand new weapon and unknown, or initiated by name ... Still today I am unable to give an answer. Later, as events unfolded, I think I was happy with the choice that I made and for me was my only passion that is not yet extinguished, old age with all that I have.
You have studied in the Soviet Union, as it was known then, what impressed you save from the first flight is a rare event in the life of a pilot from instructors who have taught and the whole school that gave him training, thanks also highlights your talents?
There followed a practice like this: In the beginning was a theoretical program to recognize the aircraft and all systems functioned and at its conclusion, passed in flying practice. Along with we do trenirimi flights for pilots and instructors who were selected to fly with us. I had some company with one of them and many times I said: "Can I come and fly with you?". Did not answer at first, he was thought a little and then said: "I take you, but I'm afraid it will not feel good." I was surprised by this answer he gave me, but the reality proved his statement. With propeller plane was teaching, two-seater. I was thrilled that saw the earth from above. Everything looked different ... but the miracle did not last long, because he started making some strange turns, that time when I realized their significance flew himself. I began to feel a pressure, more eyes are obscured mind, I was short and I created some turmoil, forgive me, and caused me to vomit. Did not feel well at all and expected to end as soon as this torture that sought intentionally ... When I came down, friends approached me out of curiosity to learn something from my reviews, but was surprised when I saw that most of the pasty made as cigarette paper. I telikosur and helpless even to talk, I cursed myself for this adventure I took. Friends asked me after I calmed down less than "how did you?" .. What shall I say? "Let's not ask, - he said.- Beautiful but difficult ". It did not end there, because I created some confusion in the mind and put me dilemma: stay or flee to - here had managed the situation ... but I chose the former. Later, in the summer they began flights and everything was different.The first flight've just done, of course, I had many emotions, but beautiful at the same time. I was free, master of himself and frustrating to believe. I felt that I was missing something, my instructor that I learned to hear the voice from the back, had left a void ... But soon ambientova with this situation. My first instructor was called "Sozin" and was as a hopper for the physicality that was, but it was very neat and very nice. To save special respect, but also to others who taught the course, for the Russian school, which was very level and Aviation English has had the great fortune has learned from them and they take pride in our achievements.
You came to Albania in 1955, when aviation was in its infancy and there was only four years of life, while you, a young man, graduate, what impression created in the first contact with?
I came to Bangladesh in 1955 and was appointed to work in the regiment Kucova. Ie it was built airfield. only track off and landing and there was nothing else, necessary for its normal functioning and as we learn from the place that we came. Regimental commander was then Niko Hoxha and was an adviser to the Russian aid. Preparations for the night flight do with kerosene lamps and why this is the case, even to this day not clear. This has been the situation, but over the years, certainly improved. WHATEVER I say more?
In '65, he experimented successfully with shooting against earthly objects from images pilotazhit maneuver, which have high coefficient of difficulty in which you have participated, I am not mistaken. We should consider it an achievement.Why not later extended to qualified programs by class pilots who?
In fact, this was not the first exercise is experiment, which took place in Pish Poro, where he made the School of Aviation flights in the summer. One we made a year ago in Rrushkull. I participated in both and do not miss it. I did shooting from the snare (a figure pilotazhi vertical circular plane) and the results have been very good, professional test of maturity. The only reason they were not extended to programs over the years, with pilots according to their class that they had was that they were clearly defined methodology that should be made by pilots with many hours of flight. At that time, about 30 hours per year made by each pilot, it was impossible to achieve these standards.However, Albanian pilots were able to make the exercise of such.
In the early '70s, aviation entered the stage of intensive development, not only in quantitative point of view, but also the level of training and technical training, with a number of important tasks. What results were and how did this affect the further progress of aviation training?
Yes, this is absolutely true. Our pilots managed to make 6 flights a day, an enviable quota for the military this other similar or stronger than us at that time. They alternated with different exercises such character shooting against earthly objects in unfamiliar terrain with bombs, rockets and shells on a flight; shooting against small objects such as tank that you have to understand what difficulties to shooting from the air presents a subject of such magnitude so small not even tell you about other exercises that readers do not recognize the possibly tiring and annoy him. Of course, there were also shortcomings and are normal in a growing process. But, to conclude, I tell you, night bombing was not an easy task and to illustrate this, I tell you something from my experience. We develop the shootings in a shooting in spilling river. To make the brightness of the object, a plane up earlier in the case in question, the priest was Socrates, who does not live on after him and I was lifted. He threw the bomb and left, the building was lit and I entered between the bomb and facility lighting; I threw bombs which fell on target, but while illuminating effect of the bomb had done its work. I almost qërova, blinded my eyes were mislead and did not see anything and did not know where I was going ... The plane continued its path, I was shifted to the south and had arrived in Vlora ... But this situation did not last long, he redeemed from it, myself and went back to Aerodrom. I felt I was close and the outcome could have been different, but apparently that night was me luck.
Our aviation, in its history, has already filed three offenders grab airspace, a British transport plane, a US reconnaissance plane and a Yugoslav, which are significant achievements and abilities indicative of our pilots. You yourself have been Kucova in those years. What impressions has left in memory reduction of foreign aircraft by our pilots?
Until 1955, airspace violations by foreign aircraft have been more frequent. Gradually, over the years, as a result of strengthening the aviation with more modern techniques, such as jet planes, they were significantly reduced. Maybe it's written very well spoken other times for them, but I want to focus a bit on the capture of British aircraft, which occurred on the eve of the new year, in December 1959. Kucova I was in those years. We stayed on the alert constantly, with shlemafon (a type of skin kokoreje with headphones to listen to) down as we say. Neither building had to stay there. We stay near the aircraft, beneath their wings. On that occasion I speak, the couple have been guard pilots and Anastas Ngjela Costa Dede, who, upon receiving the signal for a violation of airspace was immediately raised in the air. Came in Fier and by coordinates that were given, came to watch the object near Vlora fleeing towards Pashaliman ... Was transport plane and apparently floating in a field that did not know. E chased and caught him, but gave signals that he deigned not to obey the while stubbornly went on, approaching substantially neutral waters. There was no time more and Costa Dede appeared side not to allow her to fly in the direction of Corfu and enterprising opened fire with a barrage of tracer bullets before him, to warn. This marked turnaround operation. Costa cut in, (while Anastasi covered back) gave the signal with wings to follow the path that would show him, while seated at the aerodrome of Kucova. No doubt that was a success on the eve of New Year everyone enjoyed.
The crew consisted of a pilot, I remember very well his name, Marjan Kozubski called, was also a woman and two technicians. On board were two engines for repair and checks that probably were not found to have weapons or other detection devices. The pilot had lost orientation and had strayed into our territory. Their destination was Egypt. They stated that they took place in a difficult situation and felt really close and did not understand what had happened. I had two days in Berat and accommodated in the tourism city that never lacked anything that it will affirm itself in the interview given before they left, they left impressed by the hospitality and treatment that they had made to who spared no praise. Our pilots who does this grab thanked and decorated. For all the personnel of aviation, definitely it was a precious example and proof that what they were capable of doing. But Costa Dede, a talented pilot and rare qualities, later was hit by envy and intrigue, which went as far as to get the right flight, a "murder" premature to.
But how would you judge that protection of airspace entrusted our traditional enemies and military aviation no longer exists?
This is a great shame for those who make decisions and such a violation of human dignity and national pride, but also economically, is a high cost to taxpayers will pay Albanians.What would have cost the Albanian state, with a special structure to organize such a thing when one knows well what human and material potentials available place to make this service?
Our aviation tactics was as "partisans of the air", ie "attack the lightning and destroyed as the wind" on the basis of the requirements of AUP. In your judgment, or have been fair if we consider that this is a war against the greatest military formations of the time as NATO and the Warsaw Pact?
See, we must find the problems in the context of the time. Today, the very concepts of war have undergone their changes, depending on the time. Technology has advanced.However, I can tell you that our aviation, the main task has been the protection of airspace and its function is built around military preparation. In our programs we have given priority to preparing pilots were capable and able to use the technique with agility, data and technical possibilities that have planes, which may mean that we have achieved our best. But our aviation had no potential to face the forces of NATO and the Warsaw Pact and moreover, to fight and win against them, as propagated. The leadership of the Ministry of Defence at the time did not recognize aviation and therefore not discussed as these problems with us. They are taken with secondary problems, such as those bodyguards who naturally have their importance, but not with the main ones, who face daily aviation and this has been a great handicap for us to have worked in the command, which we felt too.
Of all types of fighter jets that had Albanian aviation, which will specify the most appropriate for themselves the specific conditions of our country, a rugged and mountainous too?
Undoubtedly, the plane Mig-19s have considered as the best for our environment and that is timeless. There was a tip with information of very good quality, manoeuvrable and with a considerable firepower as bombs, shells against packages and airport facilities, but also terrestrial.
But, in the press, this aircraft is considered as hearse, a share the same opinion with them?
I heard this and thought it a good opportunity to have the opportunity to express my opinion. There is absolutely true and is an opinion that is not true at all, because to go out on such conclusions must be arguments, analysis and facts that reality offers us the opposite. Mig-19s aircraft has not been a machine of death but very good technique to seek wise people, able and capable. Our aviation has had, but the technique has been like all the others ... our aviation experience shows that all the disasters that have occurred at least for this type we are talking, there have been technical reasons. Only one case resulted as such, he Robo Dhimitraq pilot, but it happened with the plane Mig-21. And we do not come to hasty conclusions and argued, moreover when people take to write that do not have the knowledge necessary for aviation or perhaps are encouraged and malicious purposes.
As a pilot of the old and a career enviable of course, as a key driver of her, how would you assess the level of technical training of professional manpower, aircraft from confrontations that have pilots Albanians with those of the Warsaw Pact , members of which were, but we went and denounced in 1967, with the Chinese later and recently also with those of NATO?
In 1959, we went to the Soviet Union, to make the transition to the aircraft MIG-19pm, a group of pilots, the composition of which have been Edip Ohri, Haki Jupasi, Lulo Moses, Costa Dede, Anastas Ngjela, Gezdar Veipi, Mahmut Hysa, Halit Bulku Bayezid Jaho, Cobo Iskander, Andoni and I Vasil. Our pilots were very young in comparison with seven other countries of the Warsaw Pact, participating with the exception of BS, which will organize and run the entire process of preparation and training. We did the full program and as a rule, in the final phase, which was carried out combat preparation and shooting rockets, tip him because he was the main armament. We very well mastering program based on assessments that were given. Shooting organized in air-to-air missiles, they destroyed our pilots 9 air signs, being classified second in after the Czechs do not disappoint. This was an indication of very good vocational and technical training. Training center, in closing, gave a great banquet where they told us the best words. This was their first encounter and the last time we had. We came in Albania, but aircraft arrived later, the new brand that was mounted here and became their commissioning of a Russian kolaudator. Later, under an agreement with the Chinese government, they exchanged with another variant, Mig-19s, that was more suitable to our conditions that possessed bombs, rockets and shells and more maneuverable, but not the real cause that is alluding. In fact, they were just hitting rockets directed to the bombers in the air, who worked with silver dry batteries, which were very costly for our country. We Chinese have not made exercise that can be confronted with them, they leave with NATO's. In China, several groups have conducted training pilots and so.
Aviation weapon also had tragic event that ended with lives. Events painful and very upsetting for those young people who sacrificed their youth, for the defense of their nation who remember with reverence and respect, as martyrs to her ... Can you tell us if there was a case that the conclusions of the relevant committees have been issues and some of them have been prevented?
The pilot and the first martyr of this weapon has been Vasil thick. A talented pilot with first class, squadron commander and a very nice guy, who was killed, I am not mistaken, around 1958.
Aviation has about 35 martyrs. Exercise great codenamed "Peza", he attended and aviation with a foursome in firing against ground facilities Azbi us Serani pilot was killed before our eyes and I look closely, I have been on in the butt. There was really afraid ... There is nothing more painful than the death of a friend. I felt very close. But the greatest was that we were given orders to continue the exercise by the Chief of General Staff at the time, Petrit Dume. "This is war and in war there are killed," he told us. Azbiun forwarded last apartment and tomorrow will continue the task. Imagine what the situation was in the regiment. People were silent and depressed. I then continued my studies at the academy. I gathered friends and said: "Who will fly first?". I did not expect that I knew the answer to their readiness. Will soar I said. So I did. I took a plane and I finished in pilotazh on aerodrome flight at low altitude to raise the morale of the troops and in the butt ... then continued the task. Stilian tank was killed during a workout when I have been in leadership flights. He jumped the catapult, but failed to survive the dot on the way to hospital.
Bego Hoxha was killed in Lac us, during a new flight. If there is killing and Sabri Toci with Armando Gjoka who had fallen into a difficult figure to appear, as some fail-safe drill downwards. Luto Sadiku, Gjadrit commissar of the regiment, was killed on the rise as a result of collision with a seagull. Sefedin Tomcini from Dibra, who was killed in the Lushnjës cermet. Noni Vasil who was killed in firing on the range somewhere near Gjirokastra. Refit Jazun with Muharrem Hiden, in many of these towns, not to stop longer and more forgiving of family friends that do not get mentioned dot names. Honor and respect all those in this memorable day.
I want to say with full responsibility that all disasters are seriously analyzed by experts in relevant fields, fully justified, having come to a conclusion on the causes that have led to those events. All are documented. A preventable? Of course that also can be prevented.The only way to do this was preparation. Flight hours have been scarce, but the duties were very important. This is a major contradiction and has not been easy to achieve. The only way to compensate for it was the preparation, that to some extent we have achieved our goal. If a pilot year, would do 60-70 hour flight, it is understood that the level of preparation will be higher and necessity, even more extraordinary event would have been prevented. We have had only one case that occurred for technical reasons, which I mentioned above, while all others are subjective and lack of hours of flight in the largest proportion, without ignoring other factors, have been determinant for the tragic events that have occurred. It is necessary to emphasize that in the history of flying practice there have been cases that levitate plane without insurance and documented technical readiness of all, engineers, technicians and specialists concerned.
In the life of every pilot event that occurred in complicated situations and have felt close ... You are faced with such situations, and if so, it be shared with your friends or you keep "secret", as it has often it happens for obvious reasons?
Of course I, like every pilot, I had such occurrences. I will mention only two. At first I was lifted into the air by plane Mig-17 and once they broke away from the ground, fell on a tank, the leftist, who has two aircraft. This created some confusion because the speed the plane was small and cumbersome enough. I heaved to its side and the plane was carrying with difficulty, so that the mullahs had crashed to the grass, that were near the runway. I succeeded because I helped the growing speed. Fate helped me. In a safe area and I threw another tank and normally sat at the aerodrome. As for the second case was filed by a task and from Tepelena was flying toward Vlora up to 10,000 meters. Such flights performed with oxygen mask and I had with me. In these moments I had a lull, sweet, and found none saw anything. In the radio talk, they were told later and not heard. The plane continued its flight course, I was going to Italy. For a moment how I opened eyes, look up, marking the 14000 meters and then tightening the mask straps were completely free ... and if I immediately shook risen more oxygen filled lungs. Italian coast seemed very close. So I had to collect myself and get back in Aerodrom. The tightening of belts mask has been a request that has been added to the instructions. I've had my life working practice, which occur most cases I discuss with friends to benefit from each other's experiences.
Bardhyli commander, you run aviation in a very difficult and delicate, but also successful. China slashed Destruction technical resources and the necessity of flying hours, which is a unique case in the history of aviation on how prepared pilots that can rightfully called heroes. How did you cope with this situation and what solution you found?
In the period when I was the commander aviation from '74 -'90 years, we have been in organic 209 different aircraft types. At least, tell you only for the period '74 -'77, we do every year 22-24000 flights per year, which is not easy to believe for a small country such as Albania. These figures are dried for one who does not know the dynamics of aviation.Behind them are pilots, technicians, specialists and the rest to support it, that should have been prepared but was demanding and time specified by the regulations and instructions. It's been very hard. Edip have their merits Ohri, Niko Hoxha, Haki Jupasi, Sali Dibra, Aliko Klement, Gezdar Veipi, Harilla Rabi, Qir- Dimas, Etem Mehmeti, etc. Servet Murati.
When China was awry with these figures dropped significantly, because we had no spare parts. Flight hours were reduced to a pilot, which created no small trouble. What to do?We Chinese have created a mechanical basis for the repair of aircraft. Plant aviation aircraft repair was raised, but not to make capital repairs. It was one of the best in the country. We we went to Sweden, where he dealt with a firm, from which we bought some spare parts such as tires, etc., And reached an agreement to build the engines bankëprovës, especially for Mig-19 aircraft that we had and the most problematic. I want to emphasize that we buy all cash. In fact, this was not even the Chinese, was so modern.This increased capacity. I want to emphasize that we had a technical engineering personnel and specialists very responsible and qualified. They have worked hard and did not know how it came time to put the technique in readiness. The list of names is too long, unable to name them.
You've been strict on duty, at least this impression you create. Your nature has been communicating this way, or have requested self situations and circumstances in which aviation was in that period? In fact, we were so severe that, equally loved and defended under which constitutes a contradiction, right?
No, there is no contradiction here. I was very strict in enforcing the regulations and instructions that are written in blood aviation. I've felt the responsibility of duty that I had and I knew very well the consequences of indiferentizmat liberalizmat and, therefore, have not made any concessions. I've been unkind to any weakness and bugs that manifest, but not with those for aviation, unlike other weapons, paid with lives. So maybe this is a well established such an opinion. Effective knew me. I have loved people and have kept them.I believe I have done well.
You live far away from your country. How do you spend, how much you miss Albania, friends? How do you assess the developments in Albania? And finally, on this special day, it is natural that you will have to address a message to all those who have worked with them over the years?
You say well, and so far my country means a lot. I am with family and children. Here there are different options and alternatives to pass the time. Read newspapers, TV, get out walk, meet with friends but misses Albania and friends who have shared a lifetime with them. Albania has changed, but not as like. I hope and believe it will have a better future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment